- .w-file: See World-file.
- Conversion: A creation initially made for another game, converted to work in Re-Volt.
- Custom Animation: An object placed inside a track, which perform an animation created by the track creator. Example: A rotating carousel. The animation is stored inside a file called custom_animation.txt.
- custom_animation.txt: See Custom Animation.
- Custom Material: A surface in a track, made or adjusted by the track creator. Example: A snow surface, which emits snow particles while driving over it. The custom materials are stored inside a file called properties.txt.
- DEV-mode: A mode enabling various car and track editing tools. Can be enabled by -dev launch parameter.
- Extreme Track: A Re-Volt track made outside the Re-Volt Track Editor. First the term was used for tracks made with PRM Kits, later it was also used for tracks made with 3D modelling software like 3D Studio Max or Blender.
- I/O: See Re-Volt I/O.
- Lego Extreme Track: A Re-Volt track originally created and exported in Track Editor, then modified with other tools, such as 3D modeling software and MAKEITGOOD.
- Lego Track: A track made with the Re-Volt Track Editor, which was released together with Re-Volt in 1999.
- MAKEITGOOD: Name of a cheat code, which allows to enter various in-game editors originally intended for track developing purposes.
- MIG: See MAKEITGOOD
- mkmirror: A command line tool, part of the RVTMod package for editing or creating track files. It is used to make the .rim file for mirroring effects.
- Original: A creation made from scratch by an author. Can also include small parts from existing resources.
- PRM Kit: Collection of pre-built instances with textures for creating tracks using MAKEITGOOD editors and additionally other third-party tools (e.g. rvglue).
- prm2ncp: An official command-line tool for creating .ncp files from .prm models. It outputs the file by simply drag and dropping an input file onto the executable.
- Re-Volt I/O: The main Re-Volt online community which hosts weekly online events. External Link: https://www.re-volt.io
- Redux: Major visual overhaul of an existing track, with a potential adjustment of the raceline.
- Remodel: A standalone creation based on an existing Re-Volt creation, where geometry of the 3d model was changed.
- Repaint: A standalone creation based on an existing Re-Volt creation, featuring a new skin and parameters.
- Reparam: A standalone creation based on an existing Re-Volt creation, featuring new parameters.
- RVGL: A cross-platform rewrite/port of Re-Volt that runs natively on Windows, Linux, macOS and Android. It’s powered entirely by modern, open source components. External Link: https://rvgl.re-volt.io
- rvglue: A command-line tool, part of RVTMod package for editing or creating track files. It is most commonly used to make .w file from placed instances with MAKEITGOOD instances edit mode.
- RVTMod: A package of several small tools, for editing or creating track files.
- Track Editor: A tool for creating Lego Tracks, which was released together with Re-Volt in 1999.
- World-file: The file, where the 3d meshes of a track are stored inside. The extension for such files is *.w
- Worldcut: A tool, which optimize the levels World-file by splitting it into several meshes.
- worldcutting: See Worldcut.