- Download count 9937
- Pageviews 6969
- Unique foldername
- Skin for DreamKaster’s Wacky R/Cs
- Track Mod for
- Based on
- Release date 2022-08-30
- Version from 2023-10-11
- Version 1.0e
- RVW-ID 34116
- Category Project
- Unconventional car?
- Top speed mph
- Total weight kg
- Acceleration m/s²
- Track difficulty
- Track length m
- Reverse version available?
- Time trial times available?
- Practice mode star available?
- Online multiplayer compatible?
- Frontends are now properly selectable, regardless of DEV mode being enabled or not.
- New parameters for Fizzer and pureblack fix for its carbox. An old version was erroneously packed in the archive.
- Carbox for Tech Rush now displays properly.
- Fizzer had a small mistake in its parameters preventing the wheels from loading - all good now.
- Edited Post's Description formatting
- Added an optional file "x256_carboxes" which replaces all the carboxes of the pack with bigger 256x256 px carboxes.
- PERMISSIONS UPDATE! The TCPlus cars are now available to be individually suggested, added and distributed in RVGL packs like IO, RVA, etc.
- Every single TCPlus car now has their own entry in Re-Volt World! Use the search bar and find out who made each car!
- Corrected a small texture mistake on Diplo-Matic (and updated carboxes to match in both the main archive and the 256px additional package).
====TC Plus Project: A Re-Volt Expansion Pack, by the TCP Team.====
"Fantastically flawed", or better put "flawed but in a fantastic way".
Ask any Re-Volter: no matter if newcomer or old-time legend, if they love them or hate them, they'll tell you the same story - these things very much look the part from literally everything else in the vanilla game's car roster.
We're naturally talking about the "TC" folder cars, wacky-proportioned contraptions with artsy liveries and purposely butchered models, halfway between a '90s toy and an even-more-'90s digital work of art. As some sort of tribute to the original "TC" designers and makers, we proudly present this fan-made pack.
====About the cars====
The pack contains 96 cars, 16 per rating. An array of unique and fun cars, amongside them you will find themes like:
-A new team of "Mascots". From the animal kingdom, new characters themed around 90's comedy. Panga TC has new friends!
-Expansion of the "Insects & Bugs" theme, originally shown with Pest Control's Spider. Watch out, insectophobics!
-Various "Decorations & Props" from the Stock worlds of Re-Volt are now the main theme of various cars! See if you can find all the original items...
-We explored around Stock themes to bring awesome "Variations" into the pack - alternative versions, fully fledged on their own, of Stock TCs. What if Aquasonic was...
-And finally, a multitude of creative themes that are shout-outs to the history of Re-Volt, gaming culture and more. We hope you can reference them all!
Here's the full-list of cars.
(Soon we'll include a graph with the respective authors of each car!)
Main Files: The entire car pack.
TCP Frontend: The TCP has arrived at the classic Re-Volt Front-End Store! Including decorations and props based on cars from the pack.
TCP Frontend Recolor: Same as above, but with a fresh coat of paint and reworked materials for a cool look.
256px Carboxes: Replaces all the carboxes of the pack with bigger 256x256 px carboxes.
-Check with the respective authors of each car for permissions on remodels, repaints, etc. (A graph on each car's authors is coming soon)
-Cars in this pack don't include paintkits or alternative skins in purpose - since their whole identity is coming from their paintjob, it would defeat the aim of the project.
-UPDATE: The TCPlus cars are now available to be individually suggested, added and distributed in RVGL packs like IO, RVA, etc.
====About the Project & Credits====
We started this project in January of 2021, where we had a few cars for each class, and eventually we settled down on 16 cars for each class!
It was an amazing effort from the whole team, and a fun (and sometimes arduous) journey. We want to thank every TCP Team member, for their creativity, skills and comradery for staying 'till the end.
The valuable Beta-testers, for their feedback and extensive testing on every single car to make sure they were all balanced and fun to use. We had a blast together, in numerous test sessions during the development process! Thank you!
HOTFIX Aug 30, 2022 (v1.0b):
HOTFIX Sep 26, 2022 (v1.0c):
UPDATE Sep 30, 2022 (v1.0c):
UPDATE Feb 18, 2023 (v1.0d):
UPDATE Oct 11, 2023 (v1.0e):
Thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports!