- Download count 282
- Unique foldername chibibeetleeu
- Skin for
- Based on June Bug
- Release date 2023-05-04
- Version from 2023-05-08
- Version 1.1
- RVW-ID 36633
- Category Rookie Car
- Unconventional car?
- Construction Remodel
- Engine Electric
- Transmission 4WD
- Top speed 30.8 mph
- Total weight 1.2 kg
- Acceleration 2.02 m/s²
- Track difficulty
- Track length m
- Reverse version available?
- Time trial times available?
- Practice mode star available?
- Marienkäfer is quite agile like June Bug, but the additional stability and grip makes Marienkäfer a bit better to drive around corners.
- The car barely edges out Dust Mite in acceleration and Volken Turbo in top speed.
- Like June Bug, Marienkäfer has a tendancy to flip itself back upright.
- In terms of parameters, this car is like a DC counterpart to Junebug
- The model is based on pre-70s VW Type 1s. The European-style bumper is the "blade" bumper.
- The default skins are based on the seven-spotted ladybug - Coccinella septempunctata. Alternate "California-style" skins are in the Extras folder.
- The luggage, luggage rack, bumpers, and plate design are all toggles in the paint kit.
Update v1.1: fixed normals on body.prm. Optional update.
"Marienkäfer" was released a year after the original "June Bug" hit shelves internationally. Compared to its predecessor, Marienkäfer is based on the the unmodified economy car in European spec. As such, the suspension is a bit firmer and shorter, and the offroad tires are replaced with street tires. The bodyshell is adorned with Europen-style bumpers, plates, and a stylish roofrack full of luggage.
Marienkäfer is not a particularly fast car. In fact it's quite underwhelming in a straight line. It retains the lively handling of June Bug while also being more stable and easier to control due to the change in parts. Despite this, it's still far from a performance machine.