- Download count 321
- Unique foldername chibidaytona
- Skin for
- Based on DreamKaster’s Wacky R/Cs
- Release date 2023-05-07
- Version from 2023-05-08
- Version 1.1
- RVW-ID 36665
- Category Rookie Car
- Unconventional car?
- Construction Original
- Engine Electric
- Transmission 4WD
- Top speed 32.9 mph
- Total weight 1.2 kg
- Acceleration 1.98 m/s²
- Track difficulty
- Track length m
- Reverse version available?
- Time trial times available?
- Practice mode star available?
- Daytiny sports high top-speed, mediocre acceleration, and sub-par handling.
- The handling is a bit similar to that of Col. Moss - it's an understeer-heavy railer with decent powrrsliding abilities. While the car is relatively easy to drive, cornering without losing too much speed can be a challenge.
- Due to its stat distribution, Daytiny is a faily mediocre racer.
- Daytiny is a parody of the Hornet from SEGA's Daytona USA. The Default skin is based on the "automatic" color scheme while the alternate is based on the "manual" color scheme. No stat differences. :)
- The body design resembles a mid/late-80s stock car, but the hood decal ironically reads "Since 1999".
- Daytona USA was a source of inspiration for the railer-slidy parameters. However, I could not replicate how Hornet drives faithfully within the limits of Re-Volt.
- The rims used are the same ones on Ghosterino's "Power Spark" made by LivingWithGames.
Update V1.1: Fixed normals on body.prm. Minor fix, optional update.
"Daytiny" was released in celebration of the 10th anniversary of a popular arcade racing game from the 90s. It came in two color schemes in reference to the automatic and manual transmission cars in the original arcade title. Unfortunately for international collectors, it was a limited production run only sold in Japan.
Daytiny is another second-generation SD car sharing proportions with the Starfire GT that started it all. Being as stock car, Daytiny has a tall spur/pinion ratio to obtain higher top speeds at the cost of some acceleration. The chassis was also tuned to lightly mimic an arcade-racer feel.