- Download count 956
- Unique foldername bourges
- Skin for
- Based on
- Release date 2022-03-07
- Version from 2022-05-21
- Version 1.2
- RVW-ID 31751
- Category Standard Track
- Unconventional car?
- Top speed mph
- Total weight kg
- Acceleration m/s²
- Construction 3D Modeling (Original)
- Track difficulty Easy
- Track length 676 m
- Reverse version available? Yes
- Time trial times available? Yes
- Practice mode star available? Yes
- Removed my time trial times because they will remove your personal times made before (it has only the stock-like challenge which is for Rookie cars)
- Extended the world and slightly changed one part of the track, but the raceline is the same
- New practise star location
- Added a custom logo in the loading screen
- New music that should fit better this track, any suggestion is still welcome
- New path before the start line to reduce the length of the straight line
- Added some obstacles at another part of the track
- New time trial challenges
- New music (again) and new name
- Added some flowers on grass and bush
- Added signs to make the raceline less confusing
- Added moveable branches
My entry for the Re-Volt World Birthday Contest 2022.
This is the beginning of a summer night and you will drive in a garden with a French cathedral in the background.
I have rated the track "Easy", but the AI can be challenging, depending on which car you choose. To enjoy it, I recommend fast cars, because there are long straight lines.
This is the first track where all 3D models are made by myself in Blender, and
almost all of the textures are either new or only seen in my previous tracks.
This version has some differences with the version found in the BC22 pack:
This track has some high quality textures. If you experience fps drops, consider using the textures in the bonus folder, it should be smoother and the track will look the same.
WARNING: if you have the first version of the track, all your times in the normal and the reverse version will be removed when installing the new version.
3 comments on “Cathedral Garden”
Cathedral got a major update!
As you can see it has a new name, Cathedral Garden.
The other updates are explained in the description.
UPDATE: The flow of the track has been changed and the issue with the roundabout is no longer a problem. Rather than a confused left turn, it’s now a split which goes through another way. As a result the dreary long straight is now smaller and better than what it used to be.
Cards on the table: it should’ve been called “Cathedral Garden”. For starters, the Cathedral model is brilliant (the other side doesn’t need polygons) and the spinning Circle Ivy is a nice touch. But the flow of the track is very dissapointing. You have a very confusing layout that barely gives any clarity, the roundabout itself has directional triggers that disappear too quickly and the long uninteresting straight with barely any objects. That long straight begs for obstacles that can at least be more interesting.
For good flow examples I can give are White Rose Chapel, Home 2 and Jailhouse Rock. And as for the cathedral, I would love to be on top of one (on normal racing you can’t) or inside would be cool!