- Download count 341
- Unique foldername oskari
- Skin for
- Based on Zipper
- Release date 2023-03-08
- Version from 2023-03-22
- Version 1.3
- RVW-ID 36063
- Category Super Pro Car
- Unconventional car?
- Construction Remodel
- Engine Electric
- Transmission 4WD
- Top speed 42.4 mph
- Total weight 1.35 kg
- Acceleration 5.39 m/s²
- Track difficulty
- Track length m
- Reverse version available?
- Time trial times available?
- Practice mode star available?
- This car has excellent acceleration, good handling, mediocre top speed weight, and grip.
- The car has a relatively low grip coefficient and high power, which makes sliding very likely but easy to control. You can use this to your advantage to powerslide into corners and take advantage of the high acceleration when exiting.
- The body sits low and will scrape a lot. I have designed the collision in a way to avoid "Zipper hull" moments, but if someone does come across a bad landing/ramp bug please let me know.
- I have spent a good amount of time on the AI. It's a bit faster than the Stinger AI, but because the car has lower pickup resistance, the CPU Oskari Angel is overall inferior to the Stinger CPU.
- Unlike Paperman who makes faithful renditions of Yardsale's drawings, I took more creative liberty in the design. The body shape is a combination of Yardsale's sketches and design cues from real 1/10 touring car body shells.
- The chassis is loosely based on the 3racing Sakura Advanced S6/4 with blue anodized aluminum which is more reminicient of Tamiya's TRF competition cars. "E10-4" is some silly word play. Four in Japanese = "shi" (or "yon"). Ten-Shi -> tenshi -> angel in Japanese.
- The default skin was loosely inspired by the Kamata Angelus from Ridge Racer Revolution/V and the 2019 Mercedes Benz F1 livery. The Supa skin is based on one of Yardsale's original designs. The YSR skin is based on a car from the Rally Point series.
- The wing and windows can be painted translucent or opaque. The antenna tube and cap can by custom painted as well (but this won't affect the color of the blur trail). Body posts/clips can be enabled/disabled.
- Update v1.1 - Reduced top speed from 39.2 > 39.0, increased air resistance from 0.001 > 0.0013, increased rear wheel engine ratio from 27500 > 27800, adjusted AI.
- Update v1.2 - Car model now supports window tranparency and texture-toggled body posts. Model has more detail, fixed some minor texture issues on default skin, updated skins and paintkit to include "carz" variants. Slightly adjusted hood camera.
- 2023/03/15 - edited description, removed old versions. No file changes.
- 2023/03/19 - updated acknowledgements. No file changes.
- Update v1.3 - Adjusted wheel model width to be narrower like a real TC wheel, Scaled body width accordingly. More accurate axle model. Stiffened the aerial. No performance changes.
- Yardsale for giving permission to create the Oskari Angel and providing decals to use.
Another car based on drawings done by Yardsale
The "Angel" bodyshell made by RC parts specialist Oskari fitted onto Type 0 Racing's E10-4 V2 chassis. The E10-4 V2 is a mid-motor, belt-driven AWD touring car. This specific example uses and aluminum chassis which provides extra rigidity optimal for high-grip conditions. Specced out with a 13.5T motor with ESC boost and a close gear ratio, the Oskari Angel rockets to its respectable top speed in no time at all.
Despite being AWD, the sheer amount of torque combined with the chassis rigidity makes the car a bit squirrly to drive, especially at lower speeds and in low grip conditions. On the otherhand, the ability to power-oversteer can be a useful tool in getting more rotation out of the car.
5 comments on “Oskari Angel”
Dude… That looks tons better than before!!!
I’m out of words, thanks a bunch ND, i’ll see what i can do. Cheers!
Per fr13ndz0n3dguy’s comments, I somehow figured out to get transparency without redoing the mesh. I will update the car model, texture, and paint kit again soon, I just want to touch up the chassis more now that you will be able to see it. The whole cockpit is transparency enabled, and the protruding body posts can be disabled through pure blacks on the texture.
My plan is to update the main file with this new model and paint kit. The translucent windows + body post versions of the original 3 skins will be available as seperate downloads.
Angel’s Ultimate machine. made to race. made to win. banned in tourneys and for glory modes.
Thanks fr13ndz0n3dguy for your comments.
If you want to make transparent windshields you probably will need to refine the mesh of the cockpit. There are not too many polygons for the cockpit (since it is mostly Zipper), and the windows share faces with parts that should be opaque. You may modify the mesh as you please and even release it if you’d like.
I love this car, compared to R1 Competition and its counterpart E-Race R1.
Overall it is more fun and enjoyable, it has smoother handling, but what fascinates me more is the inside modelled kit, has working springs too! Despite the beautiful insides which couldnt be seen from any angles aside from underneath tease, i’ll try to make few liveries with transparent windshields later.
I don’t hate Irakso Devil, it was great as a challenging quirky car, but not for me who plays with keyboard.
I am very sure you have outdone yourself from the former similar type of RC kit, R1 Comptetition and its counterpart.
But i’m more sure you’ll outdone yourself more on your upcoming cars, i just see that you put the love in your creations man.
Amazing man, cheers!